Wallpaper Installation Brookfield – Brisbane

We recently installed wallpaper at Brookfield in Brisbane for our client Abbey had a vision for her bedroom that was finally realised with the installation of her black and white striped wallpaper.
She is an architectural student who also has a huge passion for interior decorating. Not only that but she loves recycling pieces of furniture and making her own lamps and photo frames. The mirror above her bed was an old find that was painted silver to fit in with her colour scheme. Being only 19 we think she has tremendous talent and will go a long way.

Black and white striped wallpaper always looks good and particularly suits contemporary styles. Here Abbey has used some classic pieces and blended them together with modern pieces to create a glamorous look. Below we show the before and after photos of the installation.

wallpaper installation Brookfield, Brisbane

hanging wallpaper Brookfield, Brisbane

installing black and white striped wallpaper at Brookfield, Brisbane

Brookfield, Brisbane wallpaper installation

And tada …………. the finished room complete with black and white striped wallpaper

Wallpaper installation - Brookfield

Abbey’s gorgeous bedroom can also be seen on our Google Plus page here Wallpaper Installation Brookfield, Brisbane

Black and white stripes are always popular due to the fact that they can look great in a classic setting or a very contemporary space.

Below we show Kim Kardashian’s home where she has used black and white stripes quite extensively. In fact her whole house has wallpaper in every room as shown in InStyle

The Piano Room

Kourtney Kardashian: “This was the dining room when we moved in and it evolved into a ‘whatever’ room. The piano was in my parent’s house since I was born and my mom gave it to me. The black and white chairs were also in my house as a child and I had them redone. The hot pink chaise was Khloe’s-she didn’t want it. I said to her, ‘I’m going to redo this and you’re going to regret it.’ And she does.”

Kourtney Kardashian's house using black and white stripes

The Living Room

Jeff Andrews:”A black and white color scheme anchors the room with touches of bright color that tie it all together. The black and white horizontal stripes on the wall make the room appear larger, while the multi-custom pendants I designed give it height. The coffee table was a fabulous vintage find of Kourtney’s, as were many of the accessories and art. Kourtney’s main priority was that the room feel whimsical and unique, with an Alice-In-Wonderland surrealism to it.”

Kourtney Kardashian's home using black and white stripes

Stripes will fit in with any space but choosing the right width is important for the size of the room. A larger room requires wider stripes. Thin stripes in a large room just creates a cluttered distracting look as the lines will tend to blend together. Wide stripes in a small room become overwhelming and lose their impact.
We’ve found a great article at Decoist showing sophisticated black and white stripes and how to use them.

There’s a lot to consider when choosing to go black and white. Lets start with the thickness of your stripes – should you go thick or thin? As a general rule of thumb, the thicker stripes will have a more modern look, and the thinner a more classic style. That doesn’t mean you can’t mix it up – after all, rules in design are meant for breaking.

black and white horizontal stripes

Vertical stripe

Last but not least here is an article showing many ways to work with stripes on walls. Wallpaper is so versatile and easy to use when wanting the “wow factor”. why not go for a striped wallpaper first. You can’t go wrong with stripes.

Narrow, vertical stripes in opposing light-and-dark colors are all these walls need to stand out. Pair them with some simple, solid furnishings and wood tones, and these stripes become the central artwork in the room  http://www.brit.co/striped-walls/

striped wallpaper

We love hanging wallpaper and especially love seeing how happy our clients are when they see the finished product.

For any wallpaper installation in Brisbane please use our Contact page (click here) to either email or phone us.
We give free quotes and advice on all your wallpapering needs.